AM Program: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm Pick-up time: 12:15 to 12:30
PM Program: 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm Pick-up time: 5:15 to 5:30
Full Day Program: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Pick-up time: 5:15 to 5:30
Please note: There is no grace period on pick-up time. You are considered late for pick-up from the AM program after 12:30, and from the Full Day and PM programs after 5:30. Lateness will result in a fine (please refer to the fine schedule in Appendix II for more information). Chronic lateness will result in more severe action by the Board of Directors.
Be on time, please!!! All co-oping parents must be ready to work at the beginning of their work session. Currently, the AM work session begins at 8:30. The PM work session begins at 1:30. The start of the program sets the tone for the rest of the day. We would like you to be calm and relaxed so you can enjoy the day.
Remember to clock in when you arrive for your workday. The time clock is located in the office. There is a card file with an index card for each child. Find the card with your child’s name on it (they are arranged alphabetically by last name).
Check with the teacher before leaving. You may leave early only in an emergency and it is your responsibility to find a replacement. Time not completed is time owed to the school. Chronic abuse may lead to suspension. Remember to clock out before you leave the school premises.
- Thanksgiving, 2 days in November
- Christmas/New Year’s: 2 weeks, December – January
- Martin Luther King Day: January
- President’s Day: February
- UCLA Administrative Holiday: March
- Memorial Day: May
- Spring Break: 5 days in March or April
- Summer Break, July 3 – July 7
- Teacher Set-up & In-service Days: 2 days in March, 2 days in September
- Labor Day: September
There is no deduction from your monthly tuition payments for these holidays.
- Members shall faithfully fulfill co-oping (classroom working) obligations. Each member family is required to work for two four-hour sessions each month per child enrolled. Members must co-op on a day and at a time when their child normally attends school. Co-oping members shall assist the teachers at school as scheduled.
- Each family is responsible for contributing to the smooth running of the school through participation in workshops. Workshops take an average of three hours per quarter. Because attendance at the workshops is critical to maintaining the school, we have a policy whereby one member of each family is requierd to attend each quarterly workshop. Missed workshops will result in the assessment of a fine.
- One parent from each family must attend all General Meetings. General meetings are held once every quarter. Parents are also required to attend any Emergency Meeting called by the President. Missed meetings will result in a fine (see Appendix II). Be aware that by missing meetings you will certainly miss important information that affects all members and their children. All members will be held responsible for information presented at General Meetings, regardless of attendance. Minutes will be posted following each General Meeting and each Board Meeting. A sign-up sheet will be circulated at the General Meetings so the Vice-President can maintain a record of attendance.
- All changes in program schedules must go through the Director in writing, and must occur by the deadlines established on the School Calendar or as posted at the school. You may change your days of attendance at the beginning of a billing cycle, provided that the classroom conditions can accommodate your desires. There is a one-time fee of $25 for all schedule changes. You may withdraw from the school at any time, provided that you follow the procedures for notification (see item #6 below).
- Vacations and request for leave of absence should go through the Director so that classroom coverage may be arranged. Any questions regarding a family’s eligibility for leave of absence will be settled by a simple majority of the board. A member family which is experiencing serious illness or family emergency may be granted up to four weeks leave of absence from fulfillment of their classroom and workshop/special project. Petition for this leave of absence should be directed to the Board of Directors, and all requests must be approved by a simple majority of that body. UPNS permits a four-week maternity leave of absence. UPNS does not offer Vacation credits, and there is no discount for vacations. However, parents are not required to Co-Op and will not be fined for a missed Co-Op if they are gone for the entire month. Families who are on vacation for two-three weeks must complete one co-op for that month
- A family intending to withdraw from UPNS must give at least 30 days written notice to the Director. The family is responsible for tuition, scheduled co-op days, and workshop/special projects up to and including their last day, regardless of whether or not their child is still attending school. Tuition paid to UPNS is non-refundable.
- In matters dealing with UCLA, the Board of Directors will determine the official representative of the school. The representative of UPNS may be the President, the Director, or another specified delegate.
- If a family becomes disaffiliated with UCLA, the child enrolled in school may continue to attend UPNS until he or she graduates from the Dolphin room (age 4-5).